Friday, March 22, 2013

Tea making

By the time I muster the courage to sit and write, having gone through the usual rituals of tea making,  finding a lighter to light my scented candle, placing my writing box that my husband so lovingly gave me for inspiration (with 2 heath bars placed inside in case I feel the need)  and turning on my electric foot warmer, the flow moves to frustration as I am faced with the daunting task of navigating to my blog page.  I reluctantly approach my computer hoping that maybe, just maybe this one time, my blog will magically appear, open and be ready for poetic verse!  I do possess some mental pen and paper warriors ready and willing to slay any step in joining the troopers of the  modern age. My husband, my children and my friends emphatically (and nauseatingly so) defined for me the tenets of the modern age writer:  blogging.  Oh, for the days of Emily Dickinson when your stories, thoughts, loves and fears were written on scraps of paper and bound together with a coveted piece of purple hair ribbon.  Was it not Emerson who once stated that the most difficult part of writing is placing the bottom on the chair to begin?  I think it is keeping it on the chair.

I am reading a book.  It is entitled You are a Writer, (So start acting as one), by Jeff Goins.  Yes, another excuse to not write just yet.  Actually, the book speaks to me on many levels.  The important mantra I hear echoing  in the first few chapters is "tell your story" not for others and the expectations they may hold, but for yourself.

As I have alluded to before, I have so many stories, so many ideas, so many things to share "out loud" that I can not focus.  I figured if I just start, pen to paper..no, I mean fingers to keys, maybe the stories will swim from my brain through my fingers to the great out there.  Once these words are spoke out loud, they become available for others.  It doesn't matter if others like it, I have stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment